Advantages of migrating from NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft made Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central available so you can replace Microsoft Dynamics NAV. With this solution aimed at SMEs, you can manage everything. Many questions arise regarding the main differences between Microsoft NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central but, below, we are going to see the main advantages of migrating from NAV to Dynamics 365.
All information whenever and wherever you need it with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a solution used to manage all the information of your business from the cloud, since the software is hosted inside Microsoft Azure’s servers. As a user, you will not have to worry about data storage, you will always have them available in any device connected to the internet. Dynamics 365 Business Central appeared under the premise “mobile – first” even though an on – premise version exists. Being able to consult any kind of information from any device increases collaboration and productivity, improving your company’s work and providing your team with the tools and information necessary to be efficient and competitive. One of the main advantages of the migration is that Dynamics 365 Business Central can integrate directly with the rest of products, apps and extensions of the Dynamics 365 suite. Manage your company in an easy, comprehensive way.
When we say you can control everything from the platform, it is true, because:
- It connects the accounting, purchases, sales, inventory and client interactions data to have a global vision. You can convert all this information into a real-time graphic and make it more visual with Power BI.
- The integrated intelligence of the platform helps predict what stock to replenish and when. It helps calculate stock levels automatically and avoid unnecessary or fraudulent purchases.
- It obtains a complete vision of the tasks of each of the employees, their workloads and their aptitudes to assign resources in a more effective, efficient way.
- You can plan everything more precisely and be informed in real-time about the state of the projects, their profitability and the resources used in order to make better decisions.
- You can manage provisions and storage efficiently and achieve optimal production levels.
When it comes to licenses, as opposed to Microsoft NAV, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central adds the possibility of pay-per-use, which means buying the software fully is not necessary. Thanks to this new subscription method, we can increase or reduce the users according to our business needs, which cheapens the cost of the platform greatly. If you prefer, you can also buy the software.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central changes everything. You will have your ERP available at all time in any device by choosing the cloud version. Customized according to your business needs, it adds features and extensions to cover any need you might have. The platform adapts to you, if your company grows or decreases it does not matter, you can always increase or reduce the licenses. Over all, you will have your business centralized, managed from the same place.
Even though Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is hosted in the cloud, you do not have to worry about security, because Microsoft Azure is the most secure cloud in the market.
Advice to make the correct migration to Dynamics 365 Business Central from NAV.
- Make sure you know which data you want to migrate. Having a lot of information is fantastic, but we have to take into account our hosted data needs to be valuable.
- The migration is the perfect time to analyse our data and see if everything is necessary, it may come in handy to clean it before starting the migration.
- Ask a partner for help. Knowing how to treat the data guarantees a correct and quick migration. From Integra, global technology consultancy specialized in integrating and developing business solution as well as being Microsoft Partner, we can help you migrate to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central so the data migration is done in the best way and your company’s management does not get affected.
As you can see, the differences between NAV and Dynamics 365 are just a few, but the main difference is being able to host all the information is the cloud, which is the trend that Microsoft is following and will provide us with flexibility when it comes to managing our business.