Discover how Artificial Intelligence can save your administrative processes resources
We all have friends, acquaintances and relatives working on the administration, accounting, billing or similar departments. Have you ever asked them how their daily tasks are? The agreement on their answer will shock you.
They spend a large percentage of their time typing invoices, dispatch notes and other documents data on the computer to feed a CRM or ERP.
In other words, they spend at least, 1/5 of their workday doing these tasks.
The VII Monitor Anual Adecco about salaries of 2018 states that the average gross annual wage is 20.000€ in Spain, 32.340€ in Netherlands and 37.800€ in Denmark.
According to those figures, a company with 10 workers doing these tasks is risking an annual fix costs of around 40.000€ per worker in Spain, 64.680€ in The Netherlands or 75.600€ in Denmark.
Undoubtedly a high price for refusing to ride the digitalisation wave, don’t you think?
How is this possible keeping in mind that Artificial Intelligence (AI, from now on) can be applied to any tool to automate every administrative processes?
Maybe an answer can be found on the vast melting port of tools such as the well-known OCR that do not meet the administration, accounting or billing department needs.
OCR software processes semi-structured documents like invoices and dispatches notes and classifies them. However, it does not go beyond:
- It is not a real AI solution. That is to say, OCR recognises and processes –at best scenarios– any text type but does not recognise images, logos, shapes or handwriting. And, without a shadow of a doubt, it is impossible for OCR to recognise abstract concepts, feelings or intentions on a large text.
- OCR software must be integrated on a tool to cover the data life cycle –upload, storage, registration, validation and integration. Most solutions in the market do not cover any of these phases.
- It does not reduce human intervention to the minimum.
- As it is not an AI solution, the machine learning process —the tool learning by itself to be more efficient— cannot be applied.
- Its stiffness cannot provide a 100 % tailored solution to meet the needs of the companies. Indeed, this is why OCR cannot be integrated in any CRM, ERP, SharePoint, SQL or BBDD.
- OCR is not visual and usable. The user has to learn how to use it.
At the end of the day, the companies that have not digitalised their administrative processes yet are likely not to have found a tool that met their needs at that moment in the market.
To solve the problems before mentioned, Integra has developed DoQRead, a real AI tool supported by Microsoft Power Platform containing Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI and Azure. With DoQRead you will take advantage of AI progress through a system that integrates on a single solution different techniques and responds to the problems related to obtaining valuable digital documents.
- Full coverage of the information life cycle.
- Text extraction by image analysis, based on Microsoft models.
- Images and objects detection.
- Custom search model of key entities.
- Text analysis:
- Key words
- Main entities
- Easy integration
It is a completely tailored solution meeting the needs of the companies and reducing human intervention to the minimum.
On a world currently hit by COVID-19, people and companies have had to get used to this unknown situation. It has been essential to adopt new working processes to optimise resources and improve productivity.
As Charles Darwin said: ‘Adapt or die’.