Improve your company's cibersecurity
Cyber attackers are taking advantage of these times of uncertainty to digitally attack companies from any sector. These attacks come with economic and credibility losses.
Digital transformation is essential for any company and organization. Simultaneously, risks and threats are evolving and growing constantly.
Laws and regulations to protect companies, information, people and technology keep appearing, which is why it is imperative to count with strategies focused on governance, risk management, compliance and business continuity that guarantee the companies’ governance in a more efficient way, reducing risks again growing threats while complying with the different laws and regulations.
IT threats are evolving constantly
This is why it’s indispensable to count with a strategy focused on security governance, and we must manage risks correctly and comply with the laws and regulations. In Europe, we must comply with the GDPR but in Spain specifically, it’s the Organic Law on Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), which compliments it.
The success of the world of digital information depends mainly on our clients’ trust, our partners’ trust, etc. However, how can we create, maintain and even increase that trust over time? The goal is making companies and people trust in the use of technology.
Challenges we face:
- Lack of commitment from the leaders.
- Lack of clearly defined policies and rules.
- Thoughtless practices at a public and private level.
- Lack of definition of security architectures.
- Increase of fraud and cyberattacks.
- Collection and non-authorised use of user data.
- Lack of awareness and outreach to users.
Cybersecurity and privacy risks:
- Multimillion-dollar losses.
- Loss of trust from the users.
- Increase in legal responsibility.
- Loss of user data.
- Loss of our own data.
- Loss of income.
- Bad image / reputation.
We all need to collaborate to avoid these risks that make individuals not trust in technology.
We must find solutions that generate trust in users, improve economic opportunities, increase operational efficiency, reduce fraud and theft and ensure compliance.
How do we solve the problem of cybersecurity?
Perfect cybersecurity doesn’t exist, our objective is minimizing risk as much as we can, allowing us to keep working in our business and comply with the law.
We must have plans to put in place that guarantee integrity, non-disclosure and availability of information, our most valuable asset.
Surveillance is key; organizations need to make proactive decisions to protect their goods and data.
There isn’t just one answer to cybersecurity, and there is no fool proof solution, but we must apply common sense and follow these steps:
- Governments and the business world must work together.
- Design and implement cybersecurity programs.
The first step is making a cybersecurity program and it will depend on our business profile. For this we must define cybersecurity policies and standards, as well as the IT and cybersecurity governance and leadership infrastructures.
We have to take into account that people are the greater risk for any company’s cybersecurity. We might not be aware, but sometimes our company’s cybersecurity is breached because of a human mistake or a lack of preparation or training. Having the best technology doesn’t help if we aren’t aware of the many threats that might put our business at risk.
The cycle of life of the comprehensive management of cybersecurity is a continuous process. It follows these stages: evaluation, planning, design and implementation, training / awareness program and cybersecurity services. When we reach the last stage, we need to re-evaluate since something might have changed in your infrastructure, business goal, threats or environment so we must re-evaluate to know if we have to start over.
1. Security and privacy evaluation: identifying new methodologies that allow improving and growing corporate achievements and reduce, at the same time, any risk that might affect our organization:
- Global security and privacy evaluation.
- Vulnerability evaluation: “scanning”, breaching tests and ethical hacking.
- IT systems security evaluation.
- Network risk management (assurance evaluation).
- Evaluation based on recognisable standards such as ISO 27001.
2. Security and privacy planning: we must plan the measures and actions to take based on the recommendations obtained after the previous evaluation:
- Service strategy.
- Policies and cybersecurity processing.
- Architecture of IT systems and community infrastructures.
- Cybersecurity Program design.
- Risk management and assurance planning.
- Business continuity plan.
3. Design and implementation of security and privacy: We must design and implement solutions that generate and increase the degree of trust necessary, so that it is projected in the business success to:
- Improve the degree of availability of the systems.
- Improve response time and coordination in case of security incidents: virus, malware, ransomware, directed attacks, etc.
- Reduce fraud and theft.
- Increase our clients’ trust.
- Reduce costs and facilitate compliance.
- Improve corporate benefits.
- Maintain our brand image.
4. Training and Awareness programs: Investing in cybersecurity and privacy education is crucial, as the first line of defence, making use of diverse media such as webinars, instructors, remote learning, etc.
- Webinars for the Management department.
- Disclosure for users.
- Introduction courses.
- Awareness courses.
- Technical training.
- Awareness of compliance and ethical behaviour.
5. Continuous cybersecurity and privacy services: Carry out specialized services that facilitate compliance with the needs of cybersecurity and privacy specific for our business:
- Surveillance and monitoring services (SOC).
- Cybersecurity governance services.
- Permanent consultancy.
- Continuous improvement services.
- Security Incidence Response Team.
- Specialized consultancy for each industry sector.
- Experience in security tools.
- Experience using technology.
If you want to know more about how to implement a cybersecurity program in your company, contact us and we will be happy to help you.